How can we find out the Jira links available in confluence page in order to replace it with updated

Gunjan Yadav September 28, 2018
How can we find out the Jira links available in confluence page inoder to replace with the updated one?

2 answers

0 votes
Gunjan Yadav October 3, 2018

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes! you are absolutely right. We have migrated confluence and JIRA to azure server and that's why we want to replace the old links of JIRA with the new one in new confluence.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2018

Hello, Gunjan.

You are most welcome. So, there is no direct way to do this from the UI but you can replace the links according to the following Confluence KB via XML export, usage of sed, and reimport again:

IMPORTANT: Take note that the example provided in the KB refers to the Confluence URL. Make the changes accordingly to the sed command to apply changes to JIRA URL instead.

I highly suggest you to try it out on a staging instance first before implementing it on the production server. 

Gunjan Yadav October 8, 2018

Hi Danial,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. Looks like in my project, it is really not possible to execute as per the KB provided(XML export,usage of sed, and reimport again) so it would be really grateful if you could suggest us any alternative solution. Thank you so much for your support.

Regards,

Gunjan

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2018

Hi, Gunjan.

You are welcome. How about the alternative of using the WebDAV as mentioned in the KB as well?

Use the WebDAV plugin and mount the WebDAV location locally, then run a script that uses sed to replace all of the Old Base URLs. This option will not replace content in historical pages, and will create a new page version for all pages that are changed (this includes any page versions that are crawled and edited).

Apart from sed (for text transformation), I can't think of any other methods for now. Let us gather for more feedbacks from other users who might have a better workaround to this. 

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2018

Hi, Gunjan.

Before we look into this matter further, may I know the context of replacing the JIRA links with a different value? The first thing that comes through my mind is the fact that the original JIRA was moved from one server to another, causing the old URL to be invalid and you want to have it updated to reflect the new one. May I know if that is the case?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events