Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i change creator of page?

Alexander_Pesetski March 27, 2020

i wanna change creator of page, how can i do it?

2 answers

0 votes
Greg Williams May 5, 2022

Why would you want to change the creator of a page? The creator is the creator, no need to change that info. Who created the sport of Basketball, James Naismith, or Michael Jordan?

Perhaps an enhancement to use page "owner" instead of "creator"?

I suppose as a workaround, copy the page and then archive the old page?

Deleted user May 6, 2022

I think the reason people are asking for this is because people leave organizations and having their names still attached to pages for any reason including creator adds to the confusion of people reading pages of who to contact regarding content of the page.

I would definitely like to see a way to remove people who have left a company and replace with a default user without having to go through the trouble or copying each and every page and archiving old ones.

My understanding is most users of atlassian products are not creating some sort of historical archive as mentioned above but are creating working documents for teams to read and know who to interact with as far as the creators/contributors/authors go.

Bhairav Patel May 9, 2022

Ideally leave the 'Creator' but hide it. Having an 'Owner' field which is editable is a good suggestion.

Like Chris Guilliams likes this
0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2020

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

On Confluence cloud, currently, it's not possible to change the author/creator of a page.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Timo Hilbertz February 11, 2022

Almost two years and no change yet? Atlassian introduced a load of bad stuff noone asked for, like "improved" tables that are far worse than the table formatting before. Now you put this on your "priority list" because first you got to fix the "features" that you messed up. we pay more than 2000 EUR per month for a product that gets worse and worse. Time to look out for an alternative...

Like webber zheng likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events