Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I watch a 'space' in confluence?

David Parks February 5, 2012

Q1: I want to watch an entire space (be notified of everything in that space). How do I do this?

Q2: If I 'watch' a page, does that mean I'm 'watching' all pages under it, or only that page? Is there a 'watch +subpages' option?

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2012

Hallo David

To watch a space:

1. Log in.
  2. Go to a page in the space you want.
  3. Choose "Browse" > "Advanced", and click "Start watching this space".

Unfortunately there is no option to watch a page plus all its subpages. If you're watching a page, you do not get notification of changes to its subpages (unless you are watching the space as well).

I hope this helps!

Cheers, Sarah

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Which version is this, or where is the Browse menu?

AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2013

Hi Matthew,

Where you do not see a browse button I am guessing you are use Confluence 5 yes? If so, then the UI is slightly different then in previous versions. In 5, navigate to any page in the desired space and then click 'pages' in the left hand nav. In the top right are of the resulting page there will be a link that says 'watch this space' with a little eye icon. Click this link and you will be watching the space.

I hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Andrew

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2013

Unfortunately, I did some heavy customization of the UI, and removed most of the "admin" type functions from the individual pages. So I created a macro and an "admin" page that lets administrators watch/unwatch spaces instead. THanks, though!

2 votes
David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2012

There is the Descendants Notifications Plugin from Adaptavist:

https://www.adaptavist.com/display/Plugins/Descendant+Notifications

It will make sure you're notified on any child page modifications.

Regards,

David Peterson

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2013

Hi David

The latest version of the plugin (4.3.7) is not compatible with Confleunce 5.x.

Do you have any plans to update the plugin?

Cheers,
Thomas

Antonio Cerezo Iglesias November 21, 2013

Hi Thomas,

Descendant Notifications Plugin was made commercial for Confluence 5.x versions under the name of Enterprise Notifications.

You can find the details here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.enterpriseNotifications

Regards,

Antonio

1 vote
Evgeny Victorov August 12, 2015

So, in 5.8.5 it's done by clicking on "Watch" and ticking the "Watch all space content" option.

Tom Leary September 9, 2020

This is how it's accomplished without needing plug-ins.

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2016

And how about this feature? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-40582 Please vote!

0 votes
Dierdre O'Donnell-Griswold February 20, 2014

Here's how to watch a space in Confluence 5.1 (which is what we seem to have)

1. Go to the space (you can do this from any page in the space, too).

2. On the horizontal toolbar at top, choose Browse, then Space Operations at the dropdown.

3. From the menu at left, under Subscribe, choose Watch this space.

If you are already watching the space and want to stop, follow the steps above, but choose Stop watching this space, which will be on the menu instead of Watch this space.

Hopefully this will help someone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events