How can I use wiki editor for the service desk user portal

Markus Farnung December 2, 2019

I want to use the wiki editor exactly like the editor which I'm using at the moment for our Jira service desk portal. How can I use this editor?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Markus Farnung 

Here is how you can use it:

1. From Jira Service Desk click on the side menu and under Queues, Customers, Reports, Raise a Service Request click on Knowledge Base
    menu in Jira Service Desk.png
  2. This opens a screen titled Articles and if you look top right corner you'll see Create article. click on it. 
    Articles with create article link.png
  3. The Create template opens, click on the Try the new editing experience and click the blue Create button.
    New Editor - Template.png

Note: The view one sees in the new editor will not match the view one sees in the Customer Portal once the page has been published. This is something you need to take up with Altassian. 

Internal New Editor View:

New Editor - View 1.png

External New Editor View: 

New Editor - Customer Portal View.png

So much wasted space in the External page. 

- Mike

Markus Farnung December 2, 2019

Hello Mike,

thank you for the detailed information.

May be my question was not precise enough.

Please look at the screenshot:

2019-12-02_15h42_37.png

I want to have this editor in our service desk portal.

Like in this portal which you and me are using at the moment.

At the moment we can only use the JEditor plugin to get such features. But the JEditor has the disadvantage that the content is stored in html format and not in the confluence wiki description language.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

Ah! that I don't know, and I have looked in Confluence and Jira Service Desk administration settings, and there is no where to pick the editor to use.

I would bet though that someone has created a plugin that does it and they will charge some ridiculous price multiplied by the number of users using the product. May I suggest searching this on the Atlassian Market Place.  

What is wrong with the editor that is in the Jira Service Desk Portal?

What is wrong with this editor in Jira Service Desk Portal.png

-Mike

Markus Farnung December 4, 2019

Hello Mike,

the editor which you are showing in the screenshot would be fine for us.

But since which JSD version is it available and how to configure it? Just selecting the Wiki Style Renderer for the affected field?

Markus

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events