How can I restrict a user group to a single confluence space?

Con Christov April 2, 2018

I have created a new user group and given them 'Can Use' permission

The users in this new group are not in any other group including Confluence-users

In the single Space permissions I have given this group permissions.

The problem is that under 'Spaces' 'Space directory' on the main menu bar they can still see and access Other Confluence Spaces.

Is there some overriding permission that I am missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Con Christov April 2, 2018

Thanks Anup, The New group is not added to any of the other Spaces so has no Permissions.

I found the reason for what happened:

Linking a Space as a Knowledge base for a JIRA Service Desk gives the option "All active users and customers can access the knowledge base without a Confluence license" during the linking. If this is selected it will override any Global/Space/Group Permissions that you have set up for the Space and make it OPEN to all users.

To avoid this use the other option "Only licensed users who have access to the space" but be aware that if adding Customers via the JIRA Customer function they will not be considered "Licenced users" unless you manage their User details and add them to a Group or as individuals.

0 votes
Anup
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2018

Go to the permissions screen for each of the Spaces and ensure that that the View permission is disabled for this particular group.

You may have to add the group to the space permission in order to disable their View. Try it with one space and check.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events