How can I merge data from several tables (macro: spreadsheet) into one table?

Magdalena Zagrodnick June 30, 2024

Good Morning.

I have added Macro: table to spreadsheet on several pages. The table has the same structure on every page. The macro looks similar to an Excel spreadsheet. It is integrated directly on the Confluence page and offers many functions (formulas, filters, etc.) Now I have a question. Can I add the data from the table to a page without copying it?

Best regards

Magdalena

1 answer

2 votes
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2024

Hi @Magdalena Zagrodnick ,

Maybe we don't get your initial question but there are several options related to the case for you to choose from:

• If you need to combine all these tables into one big report as your tables have the same structure (something similar like the Page Properties/Page Properties Report do but for multiple-row tables), you may use the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros. As all of the macros provided by the Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence app are compatible, you may wrap each Table Spreadsheet macro in the Table Excerpt macro and then collect your excerpts on the master page via the Table Excerpt Include macro
  • If you need to reuse any cell ranges from different sheets of the Table Spreadsheet macro somewhere in Confluence (the reused table won't be editable), you may use the Table Spreadsheet Include macro
  • If the question is how to reuse your table structure, formulas, conditional formatting, etc. while creating a new table, then you may use the following workaround: create the desired table view once and export your file in the .tfss format. This format is a special format designed for the Table Spreadsheet macro that stores everything. You may save this file on you PC. Then if you need to create a new table of the same structure, you just insert a new macro on the page and import this .tfss file. Then you'll only need to enter new values - formulas, formatting and so on will be restored automatically.  
Magdalena Zagrodnick July 1, 2024

Thank you very much for your answer.
When I make simple table, I can work with page properties - I know that and it works very well. But my concern is the macro: https://stiltsoft.com/blog/how-to-use-spreadsheets-in-confluence/

I have 3 subpages each with the macro. The tables on each page look the same. I would like to have an addition from the tables on a 4th subpage.

Have you understood me now?

Best regards

Magdalena

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2024

Seems that you describe the first option from our reply - use the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros to collect data from several spreadsheets.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events