How can I insert a link in a Confluence Page to the related Jira project( Project link)?

Azzurra Pantella August 30, 2012

I would like to allow the users to navigate smoothly from their confluence space to the related JIRA Project.

I could configure a project link (Space Admin -> Application Link). Is there a way to refer the ProjectLink while inserting a link in a page?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Azzurra Pantella January 2, 2013

Once configured the applicatione link, I ended up inserting a "shortcut link" to the Jira browse project address.

In my case:

jira_prj

http://progetti.asc.webred.it/browse/

Then i could add a link in a page to the specific JIRA project as [<JIRA_PRJ_KEY>@Jira_prj]. For instance I have a [WGIS@jira_prj] link to the "browse" page of my WGIS jira Project

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Hi Azzurra,

Actually the Application Links is a bundled feature of Confluence, so you just need to go to Browse > Confluence Admin > Application Links, there you can configure the connection to JIRA.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

WZ

0 votes
Azzurra Pantella September 2, 2012

Thank you for the suggestion..The JIRA issue macro link could be fine but actually I would like to insert a link to a JIRA Project Home Page, and , in the JIRA Project , a link to the related Space Home page (There's sth. like this in the OnDemand version if I'm not wrong)...

What about a macro using the ApplicationLink API?

Azzurra

0 votes
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2012

Hi Azzurra

First of all, you should have Confluence and JIRA properly integrated. After that, all you have to do is insert JIRA issue macro in the related page.

So you'll be able to insert a link to an issue on JIRA side. For further details, please review the following link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Integrating+JIRA+and+Confluence

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events