How can I change the spacing between lines in a table cell?

Kevin Raeder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 3, 2017

I want to make my table more compact by reducing the

space between lines in cells which have more than 1 line

of text in them.  I see how to change the justification, font, etc.,

but not the spacing.

2 answers

3 votes
Robert Sumsion
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2018

I have found the exact same thing, and the answer is that when you hit return in table cell within confluence, it adds a CR and a CRLF. If you paste into notepadd++ or similar editor you will see. If you copy into notepadd++, press the show special characters icon, remove the extra CR and then paste back it will be single line spacing. It does seem like a confluence bug.

Lenard Fudala February 18, 2019

Save the trip between editors: Shift + Enter

Like # people like this
0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2017

Dear Kevin, 

Confluence does have function out-of-the-box function change spacing.  You can override by using Javascript for change css parameters on space level or on Global level.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-use-javascript-in-confluence-313458839.html

Or can change only for one page by using source editor in edit mode. (you need click button <>)

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Kevin Raeder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 4, 2017

Dear Gonchik,

thanks for your answer.  I'm most interested in changingthe spacing for just one page.  I'm working on a pageunder wiki.ucar.edu, which apparently is built using Confluence.  When I first view the page, I see an edit button, which takes me to a version of the page that I can edit.  I'm not able to change the spacing on that page.I don't see any other button <> to edit in any other way, such as source editing.  Where should I find that button?

Kevin

DanielJ210 November 22, 2017

I simply want to change line spacing just for my space on a page.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2017

@DanielJ210 As I understand you want to change for all page in the one space. 

If it is, just set css parapeter

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/What-is-the-CSS-selector-to-control-line-spacing-between-list/qaq-p/264218

in the space Look and feel place See below https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/styling-confluence-with-css-166528400.html

Hope it helps. 

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2017

@Kevin Raeder Button you can find it in the edit mode.  It is symbol <> .

DanielJ210 November 22, 2017

Here's a screenshot. My name is Daniel Jackson and see how all of my lines have what seems to be double spacing? While the person below me who is not a programmer at all whatsoever and has no idea what CSS even means, seems to have single spacing like most others. How/why is there a difference with mine and everyone else?

LineSpacing.PNG

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events