How can I change the spacing between lines in a table cell?

I want to make my table more compact by reducing the

space between lines in cells which have more than 1 line

of text in them.  I see how to change the justification, font, etc.,

but not the spacing.

1 answer

Dear Kevin, 

Confluence does have function out-of-the-box function change spacing.  You can override by using Javascript for change css parameters on space level or on Global level.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-use-javascript-in-confluence-313458839.html

Or can change only for one page by using source editor in edit mode. (you need click button <>)

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Dear Gonchik,

thanks for your answer.  I'm most interested in changingthe spacing for just one page.  I'm working on a pageunder wiki.ucar.edu, which apparently is built using Confluence.  When I first view the page, I see an edit button, which takes me to a version of the page that I can edit.  I'm not able to change the spacing on that page.I don't see any other button <> to edit in any other way, such as source editing.  Where should I find that button?

Kevin

I simply want to change line spacing just for my space on a page.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Nov 22, 2017

@Daniel Jackson As I understand you want to change for all page in the one space. 

If it is, just set css parapeter

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/What-is-the-CSS-selector-to-control-line-spacing-between-list/qaq-p/264218

in the space Look and feel place See below https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/styling-confluence-with-css-166528400.html

Hope it helps. 

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Nov 22, 2017

@Kevin Raeder Button you can find it in the edit mode.  It is symbol <> .

Here's a screenshot. My name is Daniel Jackson and see how all of my lines have what seems to be double spacing? While the person below me who is not a programmer at all whatsoever and has no idea what CSS even means, seems to have single spacing like most others. How/why is there a difference with mine and everyone else?

LineSpacing.PNG

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

370 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you