How I get back the system administrator function as the original administrator already left the com?

Lam, Hing林興
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 1, 2018

As title. How can I get back the system administrator rights from Jira and Confluence.

2 answers

5 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2018

For confluence, I would recommend following this guide: Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights  It explains how you can use a recovery mode in order to gain system admin access again.

If you are having the same problem with Jira, then please follow the steps in Retrieving the JIRA Administrator  The approach for Jira is slightly different and will have you run specific SQL commands in order to help you gain access again.

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2018

HI @Lam, Hing林興

Welcome to the community!

To get back the System Admin rights you need to contact your current Administrator.

He/She will only can provide you the admin rights.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events