Has the Dynamic Tasklist add-on been superseded by the newer Confluence Tasks?

John Alton October 10, 2013

Has the Dynamic Tasklist add-on been superseded by the newer in-page / in-line Confluence Tasks (i.e., the "task list" icon that displays to the far-right of the "bullet list" and "ordered list" icons in the content editor tool bar)?

We're upgrading Confluence. Trying to decide which add-ons should be brought over / installed, and which can remain behind.

thanks,
John

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2013

No, it hasn't. However:

• As you've noticed, it duplicates the inline tasks feature. The inline tasks are superior:
    • Inline tasks allow to create a JIRA issue (since Summit - October 2013),
    • Inline tasks allow to mention a person,
    • Inline tasks have an integration with the Inbox tasklist
  • It has been released separately from Confluence in BSD license,
  • The source code is available publicly. There has been few developments on it in 2012 and 2013, and the few developments were about updating it to the latest frameworks (new Atlassian UI design, new Confluence version, etc.).

As an external observer, I would assume it's not the best deal for Atlassian to keep duplicate functionnality in Confluence. I would personnaly recommend to move away from the dynamic tasklist macro and prefer the Inline task, though you should balance your priorities according to your context and maybe ask Atlassian support or Confluence PMs.

John Alton December 25, 2013
Thanks very much, Adrien.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events