HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error during setup on Windows Server

Gus Johansson February 8, 2019

Hi,

We just installed Confluence via .exe-installer for Windows. When we have finalized the installer and are redirected to web page for final setup we meet: HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error. 

Could you please provide better insight in what is causing this?

Error message:

Type Exception Report
Message Cannot call sendError() after the response has been committed
Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Thank you in advance,

1 answer

0 votes
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2019

Hi Gus,

A number of other users have experienced this error as well.  You may find it useful to review their posts to see how they resolved this.

Good luck!

Gus Johansson February 11, 2019

Hi, 

I have researched and investigated this error further. Link provided give indications but does not resolve my situation unfortunately.

We are currently experiencing the same error: 500. According to logs we have issues with the SELECT permission. 

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'BANDANA', database 'CONFLUENCE', schema 'dbo'.

However, we have confirmed that the confluenceuser in database Microsoft SQL Server have the db_owner role. I can provide images if neccesary. 

Do you have any more ideas on how to resolve this?

Can I provide any more information?

Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2019

This isn't something I have any personal experience with, but other users may know a bit more than me.  This could be an issue for Support - you can contact them here.

Gus Johansson February 12, 2019

I solved it. The problem was that the installer did not install Java as needed by Confluence to run. So i:

1. Install Java

2. Make sure system environment variables are set and point to correct Java  directory

3. Worked.

Like # people like this
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2019

Glad to hear!  If you could, please mark this as solved so other users experiencing this issue will be able to easily find your solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events