Get rid of the app-switcher button using Space Stylesheet

John Corwith September 11, 2019

I can disable the app-switcher adding the snip-it below to the Space Stylesheet but it doesn't get rid of the button.

#app-switcher{

display:none;

}

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hello John,

Happy to help! Could you confirm your Confluence version with me so I can test this out?

Regards,

Shannon

John Corwith September 16, 2019

And yes before you correct me, I know that this simply removes the control, it doesn't disable the functionality. The code snipit I found eliminates the pull-down, but leaves the button in place. Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hi John,

Terribly sorry for the delay! No worries, I won't correct you in that, I assumed you were aware of the capabilities CSS has in your UI.

For 6.13.*, you can try the following:

.aui-header-before
{
   display:none;
}

I do want to point out that your version of 6.13.3 was involved in a Security Vulnerability a few months ago. You'll want to upgrade as soon as you can to 6.13.4 or higher (or the latest version of Confluence). For more information, have a look at Confluence CVEs and Common Questions.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Like VJ likes this
John Corwith September 24, 2019
That worked, thanks!
Can you tell me when !important is needed in ...{display: none !important;}

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2019

Hello John,

Thank you for letting me know it worked for you! Happy to hear.

!important just makes the rule have higher precedence over normal rules. It could be used if you find that a specific rule that you've added isn't working; perhaps there's a rule in Confluence base CSS that would prevent it from working.

For more information:

I hope that's clear, but let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events