It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Get rid of the app-switcher button using Space Stylesheet

I can disable the app-switcher adding the snip-it below to the Space Stylesheet but it doesn't get rid of the button.

#app-switcher{

display:none;

}

1 answer

0 votes

Hello John,

Happy to help! Could you confirm your Confluence version with me so I can test this out?

Regards,

Shannon

And yes before you correct me, I know that this simply removes the control, it doesn't disable the functionality. The code snipit I found eliminates the pull-down, but leaves the button in place. Thanks

Hi John,

Terribly sorry for the delay! No worries, I won't correct you in that, I assumed you were aware of the capabilities CSS has in your UI.

For 6.13.*, you can try the following:

.aui-header-before
{
   display:none;
}

I do want to point out that your version of 6.13.3 was involved in a Security Vulnerability a few months ago. You'll want to upgrade as soon as you can to 6.13.4 or higher (or the latest version of Confluence). For more information, have a look at Confluence CVEs and Common Questions.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Like VJ likes this
That worked, thanks!
Can you tell me when !important is needed in ...{display: none !important;}

Hello John,

Thank you for letting me know it worked for you! Happy to hear.

!important just makes the rule have higher precedence over normal rules. It could be used if you find that a specific rule that you've added isn't working; perhaps there's a rule in Confluence base CSS that would prevent it from working.

For more information:

I hope that's clear, but let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

32 views 2 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you