Find and Replace

Leo B September 1, 2011

Is there a better way to find and replace a word on all the spaces of Confluence than doing it manually? The version i have is 3.4.2.

Thanks in advance...

4 answers

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2011

You might also wante to watch this related feature request to stay updated: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-2522

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2011
0 votes
Edwin Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2011

You can find and replace language strings here:

\confluence\WEB-INF\lib\confluence-3.4.6.jar\com\atlassian\confluence\core\ConfluenceActionSupport.properties

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2011

I use emacs ( http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/ ). Certainly this can be done with a myriad of other text/programming editors. Share your environment (OS/Version) and I can recommend.

Procedure:

1. Open the Conf. page in the mark up editor,
  2. Ctrl-A and Ctrl-X to cut the page.
  3. Switch to emacs and paste into a fresh buffer.
  4. Then I can use the powerful search/replace commands there.
  5. Copy it and then switch back to Conf. and paste into editor.
Leo B September 1, 2011

I need something to go through all the spaces and replace a word. I can't do it one by one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events