Error updating UPM and infinity loop on creating new page after upgrading to 6.13.1

Guenter SolyMar January 30, 2019

Hi,

after upgrading to Confluence 6.13.1 I could updating all add-ons beside the UPM. Furthermore creating a new page results in an infinity loop and is not possible anymore.

There is an error regarding "base directory". After upgrading I updated Confluence server.xml in the same way like before.

No further changes in Windows Server 2016 made before or after upgrading.

Any Idea?

Thanks.

P.S. I have screenshots and the support zip ready for upload.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2019

Guenter,

You can add the screenshots as images attached to this thread.

In your question you said:

after upgrading to Confluence 6.13.1 I could updating all add-ons beside the UPM.

Can you let me know what you mean by that? I believe there might be a typo there so please clarify. Do you mean you are having trouble updating add-ons as well?

As for your server logs, it's not possible to upload an entire Support Zip on Community. This is due to the fact that it contains private information and this is a public forum.

My recommendation would be to replicate the errors again, and tail your logs. Then you can see the exact error that occurs, and share it with us here. If you're having trouble pasting your logs into a reply, you could use something such as Pastebin or Dropbox in order to share the logs with us.

In addition, if you can tell us the exact errors you get in the UI, if any, this will help.

I would recommend tailing for each sort of error:

1. Updating add-ons
  2. Creating a new page

I look forward to your response!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events