Error retrieving breadcrumbs

Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

Hi guys, I tried to move a Confluence page to another space. In Firefox, it did not work because of "Error retrieving breadcrumbs". Chrome was successful. Any ideas why this error occurs?

Thanks,

Evelin

5 answers

0 votes
Grzegorz Pawlik December 7, 2015

Hi all. I faced the same problem with unable to move page to another location with "Error retrieving breadcrumbs".

Perhaps each case is different, but in my case it was NLS problem. When target parent page name contains some national characters (in my case it was polish "ł") than it is impossible to move pages and error message "Error retrieving breadcrumbs" occours. It was enough to change temporary target location page name with latin letters only and then moving pages was enabled. 

Regards, Greg

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2014

I'm having the same problem and getting the same message.

Sometimes this is for Current Location and sometimes for New Location: sometimes it's for both.

Normally when the move fails, I don't get any error message it simply doesn't work. So perhaps this is an improvement. :)

I've posted a question about this recently that has another answer which is worth looking at: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/295715/moving-a-group-of-pages-fails

Cheers.

0 votes
Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2013

Hi, thanks for your hints. We use Confluence 5.1.1. The templates in the target space are unchanged. The problem does only occur from time to time, in most cases the breadcrumbs are read and displayed instantly. I checked if there was something special about the page but for me it's hard to say what's important.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2013

Maybe someone modified the breadcrumb template in the target space?

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2013

Hi Evelin. What version of Confluence are you using? Does this happened all the time in FF when trying to move another page from another space too?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events