cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a group of pages fails

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Hello,

I'm running Confluence 5.4.3 Download.

I'm finding that when I try to move a group of pages to another space it doesn't move them. This is happening consistently.

However, if I want to move one page or perhaps a small group (not sure what the number is) then it will work.

So if I set up the a place in the space I want to move pages to, then move the pages in small groups, it all works as expected.

Obviously this is tedious and not how Confluence should work.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you resolve it?

Cheers.

1 answer

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2014

Hello Mick, there is a chance the the process if being hindered due to the amount of data that is being moved, which exceeds the available resources. You can double check how much available resources through this item in the "Fix Out of Memory Errors Page", after this link.

That should give you information if what you have currently is enough and how to bump it to higher levels if needed.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014

Guilherme,

Thanks for the info. I've had a quick look at and will pass it on to our tech team.

At the beginning of the info it talks about error messages. I don't see these. in fact nothing happens at all, there's not even a icon to show the system's doing something.

Cheers.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2014

Guilherme,

I've just had the following stats back from our IT team. It shows that everything is normal:

Java VM Memory Statistics

• Heap Memory
  • [Used Memory (16 %)] [Free Memory (84 %)] 84 % Free
  • Maximum Heap Size 7282 MB
  • Total Allocated Memory 1388 MB
  • Used Memory 1173 MB
  • Free Allocated Memory 214 MB
  • Total Free Memory 6108 MB
  • Permanent Generation Memory
  • [Used Memory (47 %)] [Free Memory (53 %)] 53 % Free
  • Maximum PermGen 512 MB
  • Used PermGen 239 MB

There are no error messages in the logs about out of memory errors.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events