Error, error, error with Team Calendar

Paul May 31, 2012

Hi, I'm trialing Confluence and Team Calendar and have both installed. When I try to create a new calendard, I see the following error message appear in a red box between the "My Calendars" and the actual calendar:

---------------------------------------

Error(s) occurred.

• error
  • error

Any ideas/suggestions as to how I track down the source of the problem? I just can't seem to create a calendar...

Paul

4 answers

0 votes
HuseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2012

This issue was resolved by:

1. Correcting the Server Base URL to match the URL you're accessing Confluence instance.
  2. Clearing plugin cache directories by removing the following directories:
    This will only remove the plugin cache files only. It won't remove any installed plugins. These directories will be created automatically on the next Confluence startup.
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
    • <confluence-home>/plugin-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language

Then restart Confluence and all should be good by now.

0 votes
James Kleinig May 31, 2012

Okay, looked into this in more detail. It seems to be IE7 and the number of calendars added to a page.

Admittedly 35 is a lot of calendars, but that seems to be the magic number. More than that and it spazzes out.

Our upgrade to IE9 is still many months away.

Paul May 31, 2012

Hi... sorry on the delay replying.. I'm on an Austin/US timezone.

Unfortunately I can confirm it's definitely *not* an IE issue. I'm using Chrome.

Checking all the logs, I can't see anything.

Here's basically the workflow leading to the error:

1. Downloaded the trial version of Team Calendar

2. Installed it

3. See on the "dashboard" the unhappy calendar face and a link to create a calendar

4. Go into the "create calendar" option, see the calendar and the error message at the top. The "set your timezone" dialog pops up, I select it, then the "select calendar types" - I select "events" and then the "create calendar dialog" pops up so I can name my calendar etc. but I just can't get "OK" to work. It refuses to "OK" - so I cancel out and repeat steps 2-4 repeatedly without effect

The problem is, I can't see what the error is - all I see is "error" - no log messages or anything further on the browser.

Paul

0 votes
James Kleinig May 31, 2012

Hi Paul,

I've seen this as well with a few users. I havent thoroughly investigated but it seems to happen only for users who have previously viewed an embedded calendar page where one of the calendars has been deleted. Users who've not previously viewed the same page don't seem to be impacted.

I havn't fully confirmed my throery, and it's not causing super grief (yet) so I havent' raised an issue.

Does that sound like it may be the same scenario?

0 votes
Matthew Erickson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2012

Hi Paul,

Do you get any error messages in your server logs?

Paul May 31, 2012

Hi... unfortunately no - I've searched all the logs and can't see anything at all... I was hoping there would be something more descriptive. Any ideas on what I should do to try to determine what the cause is?

Paul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events