Error, error, error with Team Calendar

Hi, I'm trialing Confluence and Team Calendar and have both installed. When I try to create a new calendard, I see the following error message appear in a red box between the "My Calendars" and the actual calendar:

---------------------------------------

Error(s) occurred.

• error
  • error

Any ideas/suggestions as to how I track down the source of the problem? I just can't seem to create a calendar...

Paul

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Paul,

Do you get any error messages in your server logs?

Hi... unfortunately no - I've searched all the logs and can't see anything at all... I was hoping there would be something more descriptive. Any ideas on what I should do to try to determine what the cause is?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I've seen this as well with a few users. I havent thoroughly investigated but it seems to happen only for users who have previously viewed an embedded calendar page where one of the calendars has been deleted. Users who've not previously viewed the same page don't seem to be impacted.

I havn't fully confirmed my throery, and it's not causing super grief (yet) so I havent' raised an issue.

Does that sound like it may be the same scenario?

Okay, looked into this in more detail. It seems to be IE7 and the number of calendars added to a page.

Admittedly 35 is a lot of calendars, but that seems to be the magic number. More than that and it spazzes out.

Our upgrade to IE9 is still many months away.

Hi... sorry on the delay replying.. I'm on an Austin/US timezone.

Unfortunately I can confirm it's definitely *not* an IE issue. I'm using Chrome.

Checking all the logs, I can't see anything.

Here's basically the workflow leading to the error:

1. Downloaded the trial version of Team Calendar

2. Installed it

3. See on the "dashboard" the unhappy calendar face and a link to create a calendar

4. Go into the "create calendar" option, see the calendar and the error message at the top. The "set your timezone" dialog pops up, I select it, then the "select calendar types" - I select "events" and then the "create calendar dialog" pops up so I can name my calendar etc. but I just can't get "OK" to work. It refuses to "OK" - so I cancel out and repeat steps 2-4 repeatedly without effect

The problem is, I can't see what the error is - all I see is "error" - no log messages or anything further on the browser.

Paul

This issue was resolved by:

1. Correcting the Server Base URL to match the URL you're accessing Confluence instance.
  2. Clearing plugin cache directories by removing the following directories:
    This will only remove the plugin cache files only. It won't remove any installed plugins. These directories will be created automatically on the next Confluence startup.
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
    • <confluence-home>/plugin-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language

Then restart Confluence and all should be good by now.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

602 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you