Enterprise Release

Kevin Hopper November 15, 2019

Can anyone provide me with an estimated date for the next Confluence enterprise release.  Hopefully it is a 7.0 release.  We upgraded to 7.0 when the last security issue was presented and now have a few unsupported, broken add-ons.   

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for contacting us about this. I don't have any information on this yet, but according to the past schedule, there should be another release within the upcoming months.

Back in April, we replied on the thread Introducing Enterprise releases for Jira Software and Confluence regarding a similar question.

The Confluence team plans to follow the same ~12 month cadence between Enterprise release (Confluence 6.13 was released in December 2018), so you can expect to see an update about the next Confluence Enterprise release later in 2019.

I expect that it should be soon, but keep an eye on our public pages for more information.

Atlassian Enterprise Releases will include information about the latest Confluence Enterprise release when it is available, but please also watch the Confluence Release Notes.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Kevin Hopper January 6, 2020

Just wanted to check in to see if any progress has been made on the expected next enterprise release for Confluence.   I check daily, but I'm not finding anything.   

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for following-up with us. I have not seen any announcements yet regarding which of the future releases will be an enterprise release. Per the Enterprise release page:

At the time we ship a feature release, we'll announce if it will be designated as an Enterprise release later on (specifically, in an upcoming bug fix release). This will enable you to start forming an upgrade plan ahead of time.

I will not have any information regarding the Enterprise release before that time.

Thank you for your understanding!

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2020

Hi Kevin,

My apologies to you, the Confluence Enterprise release was running behind schedule, so there was actually an announcement on Community this time instead, and not on the Enterprise release page, where you can normally expect those updates.

I myself didn't see this until the other day, but I wanted to share it with you now in case you have yet to see it:

This should give you more time to plan for your upgrade. Let me know if you have any questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events