Edit mode: Highlight rows/columns/cells in Confluence table repositions screen to top.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Jul 27, 2017

This is a recent behaviour (bug?) I think. Has anyone else experienced. I didn't immediately see a bug reported when i just looked but will continue to peruse.

Basically, i'm knee deep into editing a page and specifically a table w/in that page when I select text that spans cells. As soon as I do that the view jumps to the top of the page. Very annoying.

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 31, 2017

I tested on Confluence Cloud and was not able to reproduce the behavior you describe. I can select multiple cells, columns, etc. without the editor jumping up to the top.

What else is on the page besides the table? If you create a new page with nothing but a table, does the same thing happen?

I look forward to hearing more about this and to hearing from anyone else who is experiencing it.

We experience this as well and it is incredibly frustrating as we have large tables of requirements. Our page is divided into a number of sections including a table in it's own section 

I have exactly the same. Does someone know if it's fixed for the server version? if yes, from which version please?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,099 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you