since we have upgraded our Confluence (self hosted) server from 6.15.x to 7.0.3,
we sometimes have issues logging in onto Confluence;
I do not really know if Confluence tomcat server itself is crashing or - if only an Addon, like Duo Auth login-addon is responsible for the crash?
My current nasty workaround is:
-use the stop-shell-script:
-wait and kill other like 'java' dead processes
-restart confluence via
What I have already done so far:
-increase java heap xms and xmx to 1536m each...
-internal RAM is ~ 9GB, which should be enough, it has always been enough on the machine for v6.xx
-disable unnecessary plugins...
1. Do you have any suggestings?
2. Which log would/could help me? For what strings should I search?
Java tomcat, and confluence tends to create lots of output, what to search for???
3. Shall I update to latest x7.xx-confluence?
Keep in mind that 'updating' is always a pain in the a... - it takes time,
to reinstall, and re setup plugins like Duo Auth
4. And yes, I will consider writing Duo, but it is a big software company, usually the give a *** for small customers...
Funny thing to note, the Duo auth login is pretty old from 2017 - maybe it does not work very well with Confluence server v7 xx ??? v 1.4.3
PS: Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS x64
using its internal OpenJDK 1.8.xx which comes within confluence..
duo login plugin v1.4.3 July 2017
Confluence Server 7.0.3
Little update for those who are interested:
I have upgraded 7.0.3 to latest 7.1.1
Funny thing: Duo snapshot from git seems to have been modified/updated i.e. on June 21 2019;
I will inform you guys if the updated version (including the updated Duo-addons) helped get the Confluence server more stable...
- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events