Draw.io diagram lost after being moved to other page

Leonid Vogel March 22, 2022

I created a draw.io diagram on a Confluence page. Then, I copied the diagram to another page (select, then copy+paste) and deleted the original page. After a few days, the diagram is not accessible anymore on the new page. I get the error

Read Error: File not found

and the page displays "Diagram Not Found".

Is there a way to recover the diagram?

Environment: Confluence Cloud

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2022

Exactly how did you copy it over?

Leonid Vogel March 25, 2022

I extended my question - I did a simple select+copy+paste

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2022

If you copy pasted from page edit mode that will only copy the macro from the page, not the diagram attachment. If you copy the two attachments with the name of the diagram to the other page, it should then work.

We cannot detect any event when copy/pasting the macro, so we cannot take any action when that is done.

Leonid Vogel March 25, 2022

Ok, but is it expected that the diagram is correctly shown for some time and then stops working? Is this because of some clean up job that deletes diagrams that are not properly linked to Confluence pages?

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2022

What probably happens is that we try to guess the location of the attachment in this case so that it doesn't break. Whether that's the right action is questionable. It likely stopped working when either:

1. The original page was deleted or the permissions changed

2. The attachment was delete from the original page.

Ben Willis June 3, 2022

This is not the expected behavior.  One would assume a totally new diagram was made that was an exact copy of the first.  How would the user know there is a link?

Rinaldi James Michael August 26, 2022

Facing the same issue. It doesn't make sense as to why it works like this. 

Like rlr likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events