Display full-size image on any screen width in Confluence page

Benedikt Putz July 26, 2014

Hey everyone,

since Confluence 5.1 Confluence resizes every image so it best fits the screen size currently available. This is usually great, but doesn't help so much if I want to display an image and have comments next to it that relate to that specific line in the image (the image contains different process steps and I want the comments in the wiki page so I can link to other Wiki pages).

So is there a way to make sure Confluence displays the image in full size on any screen size? Maybe using a horizontal scroll bar for the image so it fits inside the left column (left column: image, right column: comments). If I remember correctly this used to be the default behavior before Confluence 5.1.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2014

Hi Benedikt,

do you have the Confluence Source Editor Add-on installed? If yes, you could use it to add a CSS class to the paragraph containing the image and then add the following CSS to the custom stylesheet of the space:

.wiki-content .maxImg img.confluence-embedded-image { max-width: none; }

I tried it in a space with Documentation theme (Confluence 5.5.2) and it worked.

Grüsse,
Kirstin

Benedikt Putz July 27, 2014

It's working, awesome :) Scroll bar doesn't seem to be working though, I tried overflow:scroll and it just puts grayed out scroll bars there that I can't use. Any advice?

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2014

I played around a bit and finally got the idea to put the image in a table. In this case, you even don't need max-width: none; anymore. Confluence displays the image in full size and a horizontal scroll bar to scroll the table.

Is this what you need?

Benedikt Putz July 28, 2014

Thanks a ton, exactly what I was looking for :) And it's a pretty simple solution, too.

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2014

;)
Gern geschehen.

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2014

I played around a bit and finally got the idea to put the image in a table. In this case, you even don't need max-width: none; anymore. Confluence displays the image in full size and a horizontal scroll bar to scroll the table.

Is this what you need?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events