Display full-size image on any screen width in Confluence page

Hey everyone,

since Confluence 5.1 Confluence resizes every image so it best fits the screen size currently available. This is usually great, but doesn't help so much if I want to display an image and have comments next to it that relate to that specific line in the image (the image contains different process steps and I want the comments in the wiki page so I can link to other Wiki pages).

So is there a way to make sure Confluence displays the image in full size on any screen size? Maybe using a horizontal scroll bar for the image so it fits inside the left column (left column: image, right column: comments). If I remember correctly this used to be the default behavior before Confluence 5.1.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Benedikt,

do you have the Confluence Source Editor Add-on installed? If yes, you could use it to add a CSS class to the paragraph containing the image and then add the following CSS to the custom stylesheet of the space:

.wiki-content .maxImg img.confluence-embedded-image { max-width: none; }

I tried it in a space with Documentation theme (Confluence 5.5.2) and it worked.

Grüsse,
Kirstin

It's working, awesome :) Scroll bar doesn't seem to be working though, I tried overflow:scroll and it just puts grayed out scroll bars there that I can't use. Any advice?

I played around a bit and finally got the idea to put the image in a table. In this case, you even don't need max-width: none; anymore. Confluence displays the image in full size and a horizontal scroll bar to scroll the table.

Is this what you need?

Thanks a ton, exactly what I was looking for :) And it's a pretty simple solution, too.

I played around a bit and finally got the idea to put the image in a table. In this case, you even don't need max-width: none; anymore. Confluence displays the image in full size and a horizontal scroll bar to scroll the table.

Is this what you need?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,526 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you