Default confluence pdf export style sheet

Brett Evans January 22, 2017

I am trying to create a style sheet for pdf export to match our corporate styles.

To this end it would be useful to see the default style sheet applied on confluence cloud so I know what to override.

I am presuming such a thing exists and is applied in some sort of order?

1. Page CSS
  2. Server PDF CSS
  3. Custom PDF CSS

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

Hi Brett,

The default Confluence CSS stylesheet for PDF export can downloaded from a link on this page (server) or this page (cloud).

Those pages are a goldmine of useful information on the subject of CSS for PDF exports, as is the Advanced page (server) and the Advanced page (cloud).

(You're on cloud, but I've included the server pages as well for anyone else who finds this question later on.)

Brett Evans January 24, 2017

This is awesome, not sure how I missed that!

Sadly page size information seems absent from the default CSS :/

I suspect this lives in yet another CSS file as reading the docs page size is set dependant on the region you are hosted in for cloud.

If i set the page size on the page it doesn't change the page size in the export, if I put it in advanced PDF export css it does change the page size.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

Hi Brett,

There is a whole section on page sizing on the page I linked to.  That should cover what you need, I think?

As for the default page sizing, the value is dynamically decided based on the locale, which would (probably) mean that it's calculated by JavaScript, but I can't say for certain. 

1 vote
LSE October 28, 2022

The mentioned "default Confluence CSS stylesheet for PDF export" is nowhere to be found on the page Customize Exports to PDF mentioned by @Rob Woodgate.

It has been five years since this reply was posted, so I guess the site was reworked and the link removed. 

But the link can still be found on the web archive. Here is the direct link to the default "Export to PDF default CSS": https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/files/190480945/191430666/58/1484180090521/confluencedefaultpdf.css (Mirror: https://pastebin.com/LZXqHxKi).

Best regards, LSE

Andrew Pascarella November 15, 2022

Was looking for this, thank you. It's missing from the updated pages. 

Like LSE likes this
0 votes
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2017

Hi Brett,

I just wanted to let you know that we've released a new version of our Scroll PDF Exporter for Cloud including a template designer (see our Help Center for further details about your customization options).

Please feel free to try it out and check if that fits your requirements.

Cheers,
Nils

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events