Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Paste stopped working

Janine_Memon March 16, 2020

I was in the middle of migrating a document from a different platform over to confluence and suddenly I'm no longer able to copy and paste! I've tried both Safari and Chrome. It was working fine and now it just stopped. 

Can someone help me please?

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2020

Hello @Janine_Memon ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understand correctly, you are not able to copy-paste anymore. However, this is actually an OS functionality and not something specific to Confluence.

Now, I am not sure if this is still an issue for you since this question is from Monday, but, in case it is:

1. Have you trying restarting your pc? Did this solve the issue?
  2. Are you able to copy-paste in any other software or web page? Does it work?
  3. Have you tried using an incognito/private browser window? Any difference?

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Dario

Janine_Memon March 19, 2020

Thank you for the reply. I restarted my Mac and it seems to have fixed the issue although I am still having issues with the file I was trying to copy to. 

I was able to copy-paste in other software including google docs. Could still not copy *to* this Confluence page. I will try incognito next if I have an issue although I didn't try that this time. 

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2020

Hi @Janine_Memon ,

Just to make sure I understand correctly:

• Restarting the computer resolved the cut&paste issue
  • You now have some different issue

If my understanding is correct and you still need help, please provide more details on the new issue you are facing. Otherwise, if there is nothing else to be done here, please accept my answer so this thread will be marked as resolved. 

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events