Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Paste markup table into Confluence does not work

Avinash Honkan September 13, 2019

This is severely frustrating and is costing me my productivity.

I have automation that generates reports consisting of many table entries in markup that as of few weeks ago I was able to do the ctrl-shift-d and paste the tables and have a nice professional report.  Now it does not work.

After some reading, I found out that Confluence no longer supports the markup feature via the menu and instead now does this "automated" detection of content.  So I copy/paste my table into the editor and lo... nothing happens.  That is until I hit enter on the last line and then all of a sudden I get a single entry table.

I then tried doing this for every line (unsustainable but as a test) and I got individual tables for every entry but I could not join them to make 1 successive table.  

Is there a way I can copy paste this following table into the editor and have it come out as was expected in the past?

||test1||test2||
|1|2|
|1|2|

First Image: I do my copy/pastecopypaste.PNG

Second image: I hit enter

enter.png

Third image: I hit enter on every line.  

There is no way to join the tables.multipleenter.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hello there, @Avinash Honkan !

I can replicate this behavior in my Cloud instance using the old editing experience. 

Looking through our reports, I could find one that points specifically to this. Here you have a look at it: 

The only workaround currently available is manually inserting the markup. 

Since you specified "Is there a way I can copy paste this following table into the editor and have it come out as was expected in the past?" I believe that this was a working feature at some point for you. With this in mind, I would like to ask you a few questions about this issue:

1. Were you using Confluence cloud or self-hosted when this feature was available?
  2. When did you first notice this issue?

Looking forward to your reply, Avinash!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events