Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Formatting logs error messages: "unable to send analytics data to google"

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2016

How can I disable this? Our confluence instance is not allowed to send data outside of our internal network. 

The logfile shows the following error messages:

[adaptavist.analytics.common.GoogleAnalyticsService] sendDataToAnalytics Unable to send analytics data to google service!

According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=799015234 the problem is the content formatting plugin. When will this be fixed?

1 answer

1 vote
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

Hi Thomas,

My name is Rafael Franco and I'm the Tech Lead for the Product Team here at Adaptavist. I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with Content Formatting Macros. We've issued a fix for analytics in our latest version 4.2.16.

Could you please update to this version and let me know if you're having further issues?

Thanks,

Rafael

Yvan Le Texier February 16, 2016

We have version 4.2.17 here and this is not solved.

Log is full of this error and Confluence is very slow !!

Please fix it

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2016

Hi Yvan,

we disabled google analytics with the jvm parameter

-Dis.analytics.enabled=false

and got no errors anymore in the logfile

Thomas

Yvan Le Texier February 16, 2016

Hello @Rafael Franco [Adaptavist],

Couldn't it be an option in plugin settings to send or do not send analytics info ?

Soundz like this is a crappy designed functionnality...

Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2016

Hi Yvan,

Can you please send me the logs to my email: rfranco@adaptavist.com

We had other customers with problems, but it has been fixed in the latest release, so we need to investigate why this is happening for you.

We performed several tests which also include no internet connectivity and there was no problems, so I'm surprised this is happening.

I'll be waiting for your email. 

Regards,

Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events