Connecting Confluence Cloud and Jira

Kamila Hnykova March 7, 2019

Please, would it be possible to connect Confluence Cloud with Jira 6.0 ?

Now we have a trial version of the confluence installed.

Thanks.

Kamila Hnyková

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kamila Hnykova March 11, 2019

Thank You, Shannon, for the answer. Unfortunately, in Jira 6,0 we installed many plugins, that would stop working after the JIRA upgrade :-(

Please, allow confluence hierarchical layout of spaces, not just pages or attachments? Thanks.

Kamila

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2019

Kamila,

Understandable. I absolutely would still recommend preparing for an upgrade in the future. When applications go End of Life, it can cause many serious performance and security issues if you remain on that version. This can also cause compatibility issues with current technology, such as TLS version, your web browser, and more. At this time, you have time to consider which add-ons will stop working, and their replacements.

As for your second question, Confluence spaces aren't hierarchical. They're all on the same level. This question is also unrelated to your original question, so I would recommend raising a new question and describe exactly what you need and perhaps one of us will be able to recommend an add-on!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2019

Hi Kamila,

It's certainly worth trying, but Jira 6.0 has been End of Life for some time now, so I would foresee issues when linking with the recent version of Cloud.

Have a look here for how the link would need to be set up:

I would advise you to upgrade Jira to a supported version, which you can find from our Atlassian Support End of Life Policy. That way you can ensure there will be no issues.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Kamila Hnykova March 13, 2019

Thank you very much, Shannon.

Kamila

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events