Conflunce on Kindle Fire HDX

Joe Diamand July 24, 2014

HI, trying to get confluence working on 8.9 inch kindle fire hdx. confluence seem to work OK but when I bring up an exiting giffy diagram it dies not respond to any mouse (actually pointer) events. I have browse back to the conflucene page, which seems to handle the mouse/pointer events as expected.

Any suggestions. Is anybody else trying to use these tools on Kindle Fire HDX ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2014

While the core of Confluence is designed to work with mobile clients many of the plugins do not work on tablets or phones. Really, editing pages in Confluence is best done with a desktop browser rather than a mobile one.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

Did this answer your question?

0 votes
Joe Diamand August 1, 2014

Yup. Thanks for your answer!

I also contacted gliffy. Here is a snippet of their response:

"Thanks for using Gliffy! Unfortunately Gliffy is not currently supported on tablet devices. We are working on this capability for the future. .... We have heard from other users about this request and agree it is a good improvement for Gliffy. We have voted for it on your behalf in our public forum ..."

Hope we can get this capabilty soon .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events