Confluence "All updates" tab periodically stops working (no updates are showing)

Timur Tadzhibaev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2015

Hi all

On our confluence instance recent updates periodically stop working. After restart we can see updates again, but at least once a day or once per two days it stops updating the dashboard.

Confluence version 5.8.5, no customisations.

Reindexing or removing lock file does not help.

Does anyone encounter the same issue?

5 answers

1 vote
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

The answer from Atlassian was:  rebuild the content indexes from scratch.

0 votes
Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2016

We have the same issue on 5.8.13. Everytime we rebuild the index, it only show activities up to the time index was rebuilt, and remains there.

The only way for us to fix it is restart Confluence. What a nuisance.

I think the main cause of this problem is interruption of connectivity of Confluence to its database server. At least that's what happened to our instance.

JIRA never has this issue despite database connection interruption.

0 votes
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2015

Yes I do as well I will open a support ticket, as this seems fairly predominant, and did not seem to happen in earlier versions. I will come back to post the results. I am 5.8.5 as well.

Actually in posting a support request it does a search and doing a content index resolves it.   Not ideal, but a workaround.

0 votes
Jordan Packer September 15, 2015

I appear to be having the same problem..... we're running 5.8.4 with no customizations.

Jordan Packer September 15, 2015

Scratch that, manually rebuilding the index fixed my issue.

0 votes
ODW SW Account July 15, 2015

Yes, same here. We're running 5.5.3.

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events