Confluence page including image with links

Big Jim May 4, 2018

Hi

I would like to setup a confluence page with an image (png) and want areas of the image to link to either specific JIRA tickets or other confluence report pages. Is this possible ?

I have uploading the image and editing the source code to set image maps but each time I save my updates are lost.

4 answers

0 votes
Big Jim May 8, 2018

Thanks Nils,

To answer my own question I tried Creately but the url link always opened in a new undocked window so I finally settled on Gliffy which works perfectly. Hope this helps others.

0 votes
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2018

Hi Jim,

With plain Confluence you can only link the whole image to a certain page (attachment, or web page).

Maybe Scroll ImageMap is an app that can be added to your system. It offers exactly the functionality you're asking for: Defining multiple clickable areas to different targets.

Please feel free to give it a try and reach out to us via support@k15t.com in case you have any specific questions.

Cheers,
Nils

0 votes
Big Jim May 6, 2018

Thanks a lot Elisabeth

Unfortunately we don't have that plugin And I understand it can't be added. I was hoping there was some way to do this without plugins as it seems something that many users might want to do. 

Is there no way to do this in word and import to confluence ?

0 votes
Elizabeth Jarvis May 4, 2018

Hi Jim, If you have the draw.io plugin, I have had really good luck in adding links to images or diagrams (both within other confluence pages, outside of confluence, and to areas on the same confluence page if it contains a table of contents).

The one drawback is that on your image, you'll usually need some type of text added on top of the image in draw.io to add the link to.

Best, Elizabeth

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events