Confluence page based on template

Hisamitsu Koga January 25, 2017

Confluence user can create a new page from blank page or template. In case any existing page is created from template, I want to know from which template Confluence page is created. Is there any way to know this info?

2 answers

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2017

Hi Hisamitsu,

Our Page Tree Creator Add-on provides templates based on normal Confluence pages and we have the following tags, which you can use in the generate page:

__Template_Title__Place the title of the template
__Template_Space__Place the space of the template
__Template_Version__

Place the version of the template

__Template_Creator__Place the user, which created the template
__Template_last_Modifier__Place the user, which has most recently edited the template
__Template_last_modification_Date__Place the modification date of the template

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed).

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

Hisamitsu Koga January 26, 2017

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for the info.

I have tried PTC and generated a page from PTC button macro.

How can we recognize which template (source page) is used on the generated page?

EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2017

Hi Hisamitsu,

For example the tag __Template_Title__ gets replace with the concrete template title. Like that you can recognize which template was used to create the page / page tree. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Stephan

0 votes
Attila Gaspar [META-INF] January 25, 2017

Hi,

Unfortunately, after a page is created from a template every connection with the template will be lost. So you can not know from which template was created.

But it can be a workaround if you add different unique label for every template.

BR, Attila

Stephen Gramm January 26, 2017

I agree this would be a good work around.

Hisamitsu Koga January 26, 2017

Hi Attila,

Thank you for your reply. Understood.

Attila Gaspar [META-INF] January 27, 2017

You're welcome :) 

I have got an another idea. You can customize (or develop) a custom blueprint for "must known" template. Blueprints are "remember" for their "origin"

Customizing a blueprint is a same simple task like customizing a page template, but create a new blueprint is like "develop an addon" so it needs little deeper knowledge about Confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events