I'm having trouble with Confluence page which uses JIRA issues macro. Certain issues in my project have loading animation next to them with text "Getting issue details ...". Indefinitely. Do you have any suggestion where should I look for hints what might be wrong? I checked JIRA access log and catalina.out but I don't see any errors. I suspect that this behaviour is caused by wrong permissions or something like that? Or perhaps something specific on issue level, fields, assignees, component ...? Thanks.
Bump. I have the same problem. I am putting multiple JIRA references into a confluence page. Each reference points to a single JIRA item by issue number (no complex queries.) All of the JIRA items render, but some of them (randomly scattered through the page) spin indefinitely on "Getting issue details." Even these spinning items have otherwise rendered correctly--the spinning message appears to the right of the (correct) item status display. I don't see a pattern to it. The links that have trouble are from different projects, they are in different states, scattered through the page. It's very annoying.
We are using Jira/Confluence cloud and we too have the same problem. We are using multiple references of single Jira task and also table lists of Jira tasks under the same confluence page.
We don't have any problem with table lists. But for single Jira tasks, we are getting infinity loading issues when published on the confluence page. But, this problem most likely occurs if we copy/paste one of the single jira task references and edit it to refer to some other new task like just updating the key. So intead of copy/paste, I destroyed the previous ones and create new references of jira single task in confluence and publish. After trying it for 1-3 times, we are successful and we are not getting that infinity loading issue again.
But yeah, this is only a hack and very annoying. We are able to handle it by not copy/paste references and by creating new reference and redo it (delete reference, create reference and publish doc) 1-3 times to make sure it is loading perfectly.
What is the search filter used in your JIRA issues macros?
Are they filters to return just one issue by key? For example:
key = STORY-123
If you use more complicated JQL, performance can sometimes be improved by restricting seaches by project. For example:
project = SOMEKEY and status = Open and summary ~ sometext
is better than:
status = Open and summary ~ sometext
I had some slow loading Confluence JIRA issues macros which were improved when I added project key to the underlying searches.
Issues are retrieved by "key = STORY-123". This is pretty fast when I invoke it directly in JIRA.
Weird thing is, I can actually see those rendered out propely in Preview of page edit. But when I get back to original page, it shows waiting animation :-(. Can this be something with Confluence<>JIRA project permissions or something?
Yes, my macros are also all of the form "key = STORY-123." I tried the suggestions other people here have mentioned:
* use STORY-123 instead of key = STORY-123
* edit the macro and express the same criteria again in case it got corrupted
* delete the macro and recreate it
None of those had any effect for me.
Also facing the same issue; JIRA / Confluence Cloud, newly created confluence page, with a table linking to several JIRA items.
Unlike Martin Hanus, we're not seeing the correct rendering whilst in preview mode.
I've just tried deleting then re-adding the macros and now, the new macros are displaying correctly but I've still got what appears to be a ghost of the old one displaying Getting issue details, even though they aren't visible in edit mode :(
This issue has been around for about 4 years now and Atlassian has not fixed it. Given that Jira/Confluence integration was pretty much the only reason we were using Confluence and it doesn't work, we've now switched to notion.so and I honestly cannot tell you how much better off we are for it.
We just use links - it hasn't been a problem for us at all. Notion covers such a large part of product/engineering and research anyway that the large majority of that work does not relate to a specific Jira task, and the ones that do simply have the url as a property.
In theory this problem has been solved:
It works for me on Confluence Cloud and Jira Cloud now.
But I recently stumbled upon a Jira report page that stopped working, while a new one with identical filters and settings worked flawlessly.
Same problem. The confluence page loads fine while I am logged in in JIRA. If I am not, the page loads indefinetly.
The Jira project itself allows anonymous access. Not being logged in in Jira, I can browse the tickets - it is just the Confluence page with the Jira report that is not loading.
We get this issue and sometimes removing the JIRA macro and re-creating it fixed the issue. It looks like it sometimes gets corrupted. Also for single issues I have found searching for just the issue key instead of key = issue key works better (e.g. STORY-123 instead of key = STORY-123) although they should return equivalent results
Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events