Confluence link with ////

Vladislav June 17, 2021

Hello, 

In my instance I need to create custom URL with //// like:

test:////C:/

But when I try to create this link i get

test://URL//C:

*URL=wiki.company.com

Instead. Can some help me with creating proper link?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2021

You use the web link panel for this. Also, if you are trying to link to a local drive (which is what is look like in your example above) you use the file:/// protocol. One things to note is that protocol only works by default with IE. All other browsers require an extension to get the file protocol to work for security reasons. Also if you are linking to a unc path then you would need to put in file slashed. The first three are for the file protocol and the next two would be for the beginning on the UNC path ... if indeed you are trying to use the file protocol. Regardless the Web link panel is where you need to go put in a link like that.

image.png

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2021

After writing that I realized I'm getting the same thing if I use a protocol other than file. So, I guess I would have to revise my answer to say that you would probably need to create a user macro to do this as Confluence is changing the URL and I don't think there is a way to override that.

Like Vladislav likes this
Vladislav June 17, 2021

Thank you for your answer, I will try this, may you advise guide about user macro?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2021

You can create user macros in Confluence Administration -> User Macros. Here is an example user macro.

Macro Name:
custom_link

Macro Title:
Custom Link

Macro Body Processing:
No macro body

Template:

## Developed by: Davin Studer
## Date created: 06/17/2021
## @param Text:title=Text|type=string|required=true|desc=The text for the anchor.
## @param URL:title=URL|type=string|required=true|desc=The url for the anchor.

<a href="$!paramURL">$!paramText</a>
Like Vladislav likes this
Vladislav June 17, 2021

Thank you, macros with html hyperlink tag worked as intended

Like Davin Studer likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events