Confluence license

Hsu Yao Chang November 1, 2015

Dear all, 

If our license server has 500 account, does it mean we can have 500 account on line ? If our account of confluence is over 500, such as 550 account, but we don't have 500 account on line together, is it OK? When it is over the license , does the confluence run successful? Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2015

No.  It means you can have 500 active users - i.e. 500 users who could log in.  Of course, all 500 of them could log in at the same time, but that's not important.  What matters is the number who are enabled for login.

If you add more than 500 users, Confluence will effectively go read-only until you reduce the number to what you are licenced for.

Hsu Yao Chang November 6, 2015

Dear Nic Brough,

Would it be possible to know how many people is using confluence on line now?Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2015

Nope. You can't really do it with web applications in general. I've got confluence open on my browser now, but I've not looked at the tab for a while, and I wandered off for coffee 10 minutes ago. Am I "using confluence online now"? I'm not active. How do you know when I've gone for coffee? (hint - you don't)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events