Confluence - initial setup failed - HTTP500 - Error creating bean with name 'tenantedTransactionManager'

Deleted user May 24, 2016

Hi all,

I just installed Confluence on one of our cloud-based (OpenStack) instance. With only 1vCPU and 2GB Ram.

Ubuntu 16 LTS. 4.4.0-21-generic

After applying the trial license and hit next, I got an Http 500 page with lots of JAVA exception code.

Following are some of the error code:

HTTP Status 500 - Error creating bean with name 'tenantedTransactionManager' defined in class path resource [databaseSubsystemContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'tenantedLocalSessionFactoryBean' defined in class path resource [productionDatabaseContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: IO Exception: "java.net.UnknownHostException: confluence: confluence: unknown error" [90028-176]

free -m

total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   availabl

Mem:           2000        1208          52           3         739         75

Swap:          2047          21        2026

ps -ef | grep java
conflue+  1811     1  0 May24 ?        00:01:21 /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre//bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/atlassian/confluence/conf/logging.properties -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:+UseG1GC -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xloggc:/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/gc-2016-05-24_23-28-44.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=2M -XX:-PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:-PrintTenuringDistribution -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/atlassian/confluence/endorsed -classpath /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/atlassian/confluence -Dcatalina.home=/opt/atlassian/confluence -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
root      6944  6925  0 01:53 pts/1    00:00:00 grep --color=auto java

Could any one please advise what had I done wrong?

It looks like a database issue to me. I didn't have Database install on this host. And no TCP/UDP port for database been opened. Could it be the reason why?

Please advise if any additional information required

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Vincent

1 answer

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2016

Hi Vincent,

take a look on:

IO Exception: "java.net.UnknownHostException: confluence: confluence: unknown error" [90028-176]

The installer tries to call a host called confluence.

I would suggest to not hit the trial installation, you can choose the hsql-db in the "Production installation" too. Just a few more options to select from, but I would give it a try... And you can control all your host names in the "Production installation", it just gives you more control. The trial installation is just a preset for all the dialogs you are facing in the "Production installation".

Regards

Steve

Deleted user May 25, 2016

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your reply. Much appreciated that.

If I choose hsql-db, does that mean I have to install the hsql-db on my host first. Currently my host is a blank Ubutun instance in the cloud with nothing installed.

Please advise.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Vincent

Like sergey-gusarov-7rline likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events