Confluence cloud team calendar no longer syncs

Nathanael Davis February 7, 2019

I have subscribed to a couple team calendars in our Confluence calendar page. One calendar syncs but the other no longer syncs. We are using a cloud instance of Confluence. Both calendars used to sync and work but one quit working. Any idea as to why this would happen?

2 answers

1 vote
K. Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2019

Hello Nathanael,

My name is Kenta from Technical Cloud Support.

I raised a bug report CONFCLOUD-65594 yesterday as I got a similar inquiry to yours and was able to replicate the unavailability.

At the moment, we can't set an ETA for the fix to be released, since there's a number of factors that determine how Atlassian prioritizes bugfixes. You can learn more by reading our Atlassian Cloud Bug Fixing Policy.
So we encourage you to add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed as to the state of the bug moving forward. With that way, if our development team updates the ticket, you'll be notified via email.

Kindest regards,

Kenta

Nathanael Davis February 13, 2019

Thanks Kenta. Hopefully this gets resolved. It was great when it worked.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hello there! Thanks for reaching out Nathanael!

Could you clarify some points for us:

1. Do you still have access to this problematic calendar? (from outside Confluence)
  2. Are other users, who have access to both calendars, facing the same issue?
  3. When did you first notice this behaviour?
  4. Was there any change to the calendar settings in the origin of the calendar?
  5. Was there any kind of change applied to your instance?
  6. Are you able to sync other calendars?

It is possible that some security settings have been changed in the calendar origin keeping Confluence from getting in sync with it.

Please, let us know your thoughts!

Nathanael Davis February 11, 2019

Thanks for your quick response and questions. Here are my responses.

1. I do still have access to the problematic calendar. The calendar resides in Confluence as a confluence calendar. I use the subscribe feature to bring it into Outlook.  Within the same Confluence page there is another calendar that I subscribe to. That one works for some reason.

2. Yes

3. About a week ago

4. No changes as far as I know.

5. No changes applied as far as I know. We use Confluence cloud.

6. Yes, I'm able to sync to the second calendar I created in the same Confluence page.

Nathanael Davis February 11, 2019

Even exporting to iCalendar doesn't work and that should just be a static export

Diego
Atlassian Team
February 12, 2019

Hello there Nathanael!

Is there any error when you try to export the calendar to iCalendar format? Are you able to export other calendars to iCalendar?

Further, you may want to check the restrictions set for this particular calendar:

1. Go to the affected calendar
  2. Click the three dots menu (...)
  3. Select restrictions
  4. Check if there are any kind of restrictions applied.

reference

Restrict a Calendar

If you face a 500 error when exporting to iCal, you can check this article here:

Team Calendars for Confluence displays 500 Error When using Export to iCalendar

Also, if an error is shown during the export process or subscription could you sends us screenshots of it? Just be careful to not disclose any sensitive information with the screenshots.

Let us know!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events