Confluence Speed Issues

Mark January 30, 2019

I'm having issues with Confluence speed.  Sometimes it takes 5+ minutes just to load the login page.  Moving around the program is painful at best.  3+ minutes to load the dashboard after logging in.  This happens for all users.  I have Jira running on the same server and while Confluence is running slow, Jira is running at normal speeds.  Anything that has been found in the online community with database locks and number of connections allowed has been changed according to the instructions with no improvements.

This is a brand new installation of the program.

Any help would be appreciated

2 answers

0 votes
CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2019

I don't see the TAGS in this post when I read on the big screen. 

I would reinstall everything for Confluence. It appears to be the install. It might not have been your fault, it just forgot to insert, enter, or include something when it deployed the goods.

Mark January 31, 2019

How does a computer program "forget" to insert, enter or include something. I followed the instructions word for word and did exactly as the installation told me.  If the issue is as you describe, then it would lead me to there being an issue with the install files or the instructions, in which case I wouldn't want to go through the nightmare that installing this program is without a good install set.

In 20+ years of IT experience, I've never seen a computer program "forget" something.  Either it does, or does not, depending on what the code tells it to do.

If a reinstall is what I end up having to do, is there a way to get the data that is already in the system (yes, it's being used even though it runs slower than molasses in a Canadian winter) so that nothing is lost?

0 votes
CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

Are you running the Cloud Version or Server Version? If you self-host, then you might have bandwidth issues because of your configurations/settings. If you host with Atlassian, then it should be a speedy sprint.

Also, you might perform a speed test with your ISP to confirm bandwidth agreement speeds?

Mark January 30, 2019

The connection from computer to server is running a gigabit connection.  as stated, while confluence is running slow...Jira is running fine.  this is all running on the server version as specified when I created this question by tagging it with "confluence-server" and answering the question during the creation of the question "is it cloud or server" with "server"

this is all running inside my local network.  there are 10G connections between DB and Web servers and 1G connections between workstations and servers.

This is a confluence issue or an issue with the setup / config somewhere that wasn't mentioned in the installation instructions.  it is an MS SQL DB running on a failover cluster with 10 other databases within the instance and not one of the other systems have an issue like this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events