Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence: Moving spaces from Staging to Production servers by overwriting existing space

Chitra Patil February 25, 2013

Hi,

I am looking to see how other people who have implemented this have dealt with this situation.

We have a staging server where we are developing documents and updating the documents before release--there are about 50 documents. Each document is its own space. For release, we need to move all the documents to the production server which have books with the same name, but older versions. At present, we have download each document/space, export and import them into the new server because Confluence doesn't allow you to overwrite a space with another space of the same name.

This is getting very complicated as we have to do this often. I know there is a CLI which replaces spaces, but that didn't work for us.

I appreciate if anyone who has to deal with a similar situation can reply how they resolved this problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

The only solution I have is to first delete the space in production that's being replaced before uploading the newer version. Should be quick and painless unless you're needing content from the old space. If you do then move it to a different space first so the spacekey doesn't match the space you're uploading.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events