Confluence Glossary

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2011

I would like to have a glossary in Confluence that automatically created tooltips for any words / acronymns on a page that existed in a central Glossary.

Has anyone extended any of the existing Glossary Plugins to do this?

I know Adaptavist was working on a similar plugin many many moons ago, but I don't think it got off the ground.

Has anyone got any ideas on where to start with this?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
a.haaken March 28, 2012

Well, this plugin is doin that job (i hope), but they are not >C4 compliant.

This ticket is terminated to april, 18th..

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/BUDICT-5

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

Looks like BUDICT is C4 compliant now. They have my thumbs up!

1 vote
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2011

I know of a customer who were working closely with StepStone on a custom plugin to provide such funcitonality in Confluence. You mught want to reach out to StepStone for more details.

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2011

I have raised this question in the past and I think you (or someone else from Atlassian) recommended the same thing.

I spoke to StepStone at Summit 2010 and they were unable to help me. It seems their development is either private OR they never completed it.

Any other ideas are welcome.

0 votes
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2012

Every other wiki, KB or CMS I used had something like this, but confluence not.

0 votes
a.haaken March 28, 2012

Well, this plugin is doin that job (i hope), but they are not >C4 compliant.

This ticket is terminated to april, 18th..

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/BUDICT-5

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events