I needed to publish some Confluence pages and it seems that it's not really designed for print (PDF) publishing because the formatting is a mess.
- The TOC is poorly formatted with the first two lines appearing centered on page and an additional bullet overlayed within the text of one line of the TOC.
- Broken images, such as an embedded Draw.io diagram.
- In one section, I inserted a three column page layout and three columns were converted into a single column.
- Panels and Tip/Notes macro boxes are not aligned to the left or right margins.
- Icons in the Tip/Notes macro boxes are missing. Just the box appears.
- Additional embedded icons were rendered in low resolution.
How about Word Export?
Next, I tried a Word export. Although it was marginally better, it had it's own problems, such as:
- Beginning with the top... the output includes the Livesearch macro, which is useless in print. Is there a way to publish without certain macros like Livesearch? The Livesearch macro doesn't appear in the PDF export.
- The TOC looks good.
- Embedded Draw.io diagram is still a broken image.
- There is a perplexing letter "T" in between two paragraphs that doesn't appear in the PDF or the source Confluence! ???
- The Panel macro borders do not appear in the Word output.
- The other icon images appear with better resolution than the PDF export.
- The three column section is still rendered as a single column.
- Why is the Export in the older Word format? Docx format has been available longer than Confluence.
Thanks for your advice.
I don't have access to stylesheets but is it even possible to customize the layout?
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team! July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures — and as an extension of our first post on what ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs