Confluence 2.2.8

Milen Dimov January 24, 2012

Hi guys,

I've a Confluence environment, which I believe is

Version 2.2.8
Build Number 525

My question is how do I get admin access, given that I've full control of the DB and the web server?

I've tried to add a regular user to different groups in [os_user_group] or setting up the admin user with same password hash from regular user. None of these has worked. Restarting Tomcat and Apache also did not help. Any clues?

9 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 25, 2012
Milen Dimov January 25, 2012

Have tried it and stillc annot login with admin/admin.

0 votes

Thanks for all your suggestions on this. It seems that it is indeed using SSO integration with Jive Forums.

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 25, 2012

I think you're on your own here. Jive forum integration? Sounds like fun ;-)

0 votes

I've done that and no meaningful result was returned. As now I'm pretty sure that it is using Domain authentication, managed to find some LDAP settings in Jive database. Table '[jiveProperty]'.

Can you provide a link with howto modify the Jive forum -> Confluense integration in order to achieve the AD authentication?

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
January 25, 2012

Hmm. I'd start grep-ing the filesystem for your AD hostname/IP address at this point

0 votes

Thanks, but this configuration file is all commented out. Just got <osuser key="osuserRepository" name="OSUser Repository" />

Any other clues?

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
January 25, 2012

Take a look at:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF25/Customising+atlassian-user.xml

0 votes

Users are using their Windows domain user/passwords, so I'd imagine LDAP is being used

How do I determine it is the case for our environment? It might be a very novice question, but I am a very novice in Confluense with not much information about our install.

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012

Is confluence using its own internal user management or delegating to an LDAP directory or Crowd etc.?? As that may be getting in the way

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events