Combination of Cache Pugin and Content Publishing Plugin

Jodie Miners
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2011

I'm having issues with the Cache plugin on pages in my public space using the Content Publishing Plugin.

The structure of my pages are a source page and a main page. The content in the main page is included from the source page via a multi-excerpt macro. The multi-excerpt macro is wrapped in a cache macro

Here is the sample code:

Source Page

{show-to:user=xyzuser}
{multi-excerpt:name=xyzname}
My Content
{multi-excerpt}
{show-to}

Main Page

{cache:index=true}
{multi-excerpt-include:xyzpage|name=xyzname|nopanel=true}
{cache}

Immediately after publishing, a few (not all) pages are not showing their content that is contained within the cache macro. Refreshing the page does nothing. The content on the main page in draft space is rendering fine.

It is only after I edit the source page in the public space, then refresh the main page in the public space that the content renders. Of course this is not ideal as the whole idea of having the publishing plugin is so that you can prepare draft content and publish it to a public space when ready.

Does anyone know of any reason why this would be happening aand how to fix it? Is it something to do with the size of the cache? (I don't understand the instructions on the Cache plugin page "The capacity property equal to 100 means that 100 distinct renderings of the cache macro will be cached", but I do have more than 100 pages with the cache macro - is this an issue? and how do I fix it if I don't have access to the server?).

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2011

The cache macro renders the data at a point in time. The rendered data will not change until the cache expires or you edit the content within the cache macro (slightly different behavior if not using cache plugin 4.1.1). You can decrease the expiration time or you can add a refresh button on the main page (showRefresh=true).

Jodie Miners
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2011

Thanks for the reply Bob,

I do have a refresh button on the page, but clicking it in the public space does nothing - it does not show the page content at all. (The cache content is showing in the Draft space, but not in the public space).

Is there a limit as to how much content can be in the Cache? Would that be why the cache is not refreshing?

(and how do I fix it if I don't have access to the server?).

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events