Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use anchors in a confluence roadmap planner macro?

Bryan Collick June 22, 2017

It doesn't even look like I can put a URL in the bar's information... just other confluence pages. 

1 answer

4 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2017

As you mentioned, the Link page field on the bar on the Roadmap Planner only allows you to link to other Confluence pages. Please let me know more about your use case so I can look for a solution. What would you like to link to in the Roadmap Planner?

Bryan Collick June 30, 2017

Hi Ann, thanks for replying and apologies for the delay. 

There were two use cases here that I was hoping to provide a solution for:

• As a team member, I'd like to view external documentation pertaining to a bar in the roadmap planner macro (for example: that portion of work is being shipped out to an external contractor without confluence access), so that I can know status of items being tracked elsewhere.
  • As a project planner, I'd like to associate a bar in the roadmap planner macro to an anchor point on a confluence page, so that I can reduce the number of pages pertaining to a project.

Let me know if that makes sense. 

Bronwyn Mahieu May 31, 2018

I would also like to link to an anchor on a page.  For instance I have a roadmap outlining a Program and brief details of each Project within that Program are further down the wiki. I'd like the roadmap to link to each of those Project sections.

Eric May 2, 2019

@AnnWorleyAny chance this is still being worked on? Instead of linking a bar to just a page, I (we) would like to be able to link to a specific place in that page, such as a heading. In Confluence, you generally accomplish this by inserting the Anchor macro. Is there a way to get the Roadmap Planner to respect Anchor macros?

Jenny Liu January 23, 2020

@AnnWorley any update on this? As others have stated, more flexibility in what kind of links we can link to from a bar in the Roadmap Planner would be extremely useful. Such as:

1. Jira issue
  2. An anchor in the same page
  3. An anchor in a different page
  4. External URL
MadelineBarr October 1, 2020

If you have the Confluence Server, it looks like they won't do it. There doesn't appear enough people voted: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-36937 

On Confluence Cloud, it looks like they are still gathering interest, but again, not many people voting: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-36937

William Fowlkes Fowlkes (CW) September 27, 2022

+1.  Really we should be able linke to an anchor on the page.  

Daniel Chapman October 27, 2022

I am in the same situation as everyone else. I want to link to an Anchor. I guess you would have to use a Macro inside of another Macro...

Haller_ Mike September 25, 2023

@AnnWorley Any movement on this? Would be really helpful to be able to use anchors in the Roadmap Planner.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events