• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you use anchors in a confluence roadmap planner macro?

It doesn't even look like I can put a URL in the bar's information... just other confluence pages. 

1 answer

3 votes
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jun 27, 2017

As you mentioned, the Link page field on the bar on the Roadmap Planner only allows you to link to other Confluence pages. Please let me know more about your use case so I can look for a solution. What would you like to link to in the Roadmap Planner?

Hi Ann, thanks for replying and apologies for the delay. 

There were two use cases here that I was hoping to provide a solution for:

• As a team member, I'd like to view external documentation pertaining to a bar in the roadmap planner macro (for example: that portion of work is being shipped out to an external contractor without confluence access), so that I can know status of items being tracked elsewhere.
  • As a project planner, I'd like to associate a bar in the roadmap planner macro to an anchor point on a confluence page, so that I can reduce the number of pages pertaining to a project.

Let me know if that makes sense. 

I would also like to link to an anchor on a page.  For instance I have a roadmap outlining a Program and brief details of each Project within that Program are further down the wiki. I'd like the roadmap to link to each of those Project sections.

@AnnWorleyAny chance this is still being worked on? Instead of linking a bar to just a page, I (we) would like to be able to link to a specific place in that page, such as a heading. In Confluence, you generally accomplish this by inserting the Anchor macro. Is there a way to get the Roadmap Planner to respect Anchor macros?

@AnnWorley any update on this? As others have stated, more flexibility in what kind of links we can link to from a bar in the Roadmap Planner would be extremely useful. Such as:

1. Jira issue
  2. An anchor in the same page
  3. An anchor in a different page
  4. External URL

If you have the Confluence Server, it looks like they won't do it. There doesn't appear enough people voted: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-36937 

On Confluence Cloud, it looks like they are still gathering interest, but again, not many people voting: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-36937

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

462 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you