Can you inline comment on Jira issue macro items in Confluence?

Connie Leuderalbert May 24, 2019

We use a the Jira Issues Macro on Confluence.  My manager likes to go through and write an inline comment for clarification.  This works fine on Confluence created items.  But when she tries to comment on an item that was input using the Jira Issues Macro, she gets the error "Could not save the comment".  Is there a way she can easily ask questions like this?  Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2019

Hi @Connie Leuderalbert ,

unfortunately this is a known issue but there's no information about when it will be fixed. 

Here the related issue on Atlassian backlog https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-58176 . Watch it if you need to have notification about progress.

Ciao,

Fabio

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2019

Connie,

I'm using Cloud, but when I try this, it tells me it will save the comment as a Page Comment. Is that an option in your situation? Alternatively, can the comment be made on text immediately before or after the Jira Issue macro instead?

Darryl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events