Can you combine blog posts to appear chronologically, on one page, as a Wordpress would?

Cassandra Medley November 4, 2019

I have over 100 blogs, all 'children' blogs under a main page. 

Each blog was created using the blog macro. 

Each blog now shows as an individual link on the left hand side of my space home page. 

(1) Is there a way to have them all show up in one page, in full content, one after another, as if you were viewing a WordPress Blog? 

(2), I need to have an overview page, similar to your JIRA issues blog page example.  I was able to create a page and use the 'create by label' macro, which gives the title of each blog, but I need more details appear, like all of the items that were included in the macro template that shows the date of the original creation, the key words in that specific blog, etc.   

And (3), is it possible to have this overview page with the option of a search function so our CEO can research past blogs, perhaps by filling in key words he is looking for?

1 answer

0 votes
Henning van Ackeren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2019

Hi,

for 1) I guess you're looking for this macro to aggregate all post on one page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/blog-posts-macro-139470.html

for 3) you could put this macro on the top of the page above:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-tree-search-macro-163938353.html

Cassandra Medley November 5, 2019

Thank you for the response.  That is actually the macro I've been attempting to use, so I know it must be my my settings or how I've configured the page.  It won't recognize any blogs to pull.

I have a page I created, and added the macro.  Under this page are child pages, and each one contains a blog that has been written.  When the blogs were written, we used the marketing blog macro to do so.  Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Henning van Ackeren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2019

To me it sounds, your blog posts are not really blog posts, but technically normal pages. That would explain why the blog post macro does not find any posts.

Real (technically) blog posts don't appear below normal pages

But then, you may be using Confluence Cloud, and I'm not familiar with that, and also not with the Marketing Blog Template.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events