Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you change your connect app descriptor URL?

darshika May 12, 2020

Hi!

I wanted to change my connect app installation URL and baseURL both. Is it possible to do that without asking for approval again? Ofc we'll disconnect all onboarded instances first and reonboard once the changes are submitted.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2020

Hello @darshika !

As I understand, you need to change the baseURL in your App Descriptor configuration. Looking through our documents, I was able to find the following information:

Changing the fields in the app descriptor will automatically create a new app version in the Marketplace. Learn more on Marketplace updates.

Since the baseURL is a field within the App Descriptor, it seems that the result of changing the field should trigger a new version of your application.

Here is the full documentation:

Further, there is also some more information about versions here:

Atlassian reviews and approves new app listings before they appear on the Marketplace, but new versions don't require approval.

Here is the full document:

For short, this change should trigger a new version for your app. If you still need more insight about it, there might be a good chance that you can find it here in our Developer Community:

I hope this helps!

darshika May 26, 2020

Hi @Diego

Thanks a lot for the help! We had changed our baseUrl accordingly without any hassles.

We might also want to switch to a new installation url later. Can you please also guide us with the exact steps required for the same? 

Like Diego likes this
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2020

Great to know that the baseURL change was not much of a hassle for you!

I am afraid that my assistance is quite limited when dealing with Development for Confluence Cloud.

Maybe you could try to reach out to our Developer Community:

Let us hear from you again!

0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2021

@darshika 

Did you change the installation url with making a new version? 

I am considering changing it. So I would to know if you succeeded in. 

Thanks for your answer in advance. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events