Can we add restrictions to a add on limiting to admins/ some groups in Confluence in using the macro

Mukka Vishnupriya March 20, 2019

How can we add restrictions to a particular add on / plugin to be used only by some of the users or group?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2019

@Mukka Vishnupriya ,

Confluence restricts items down to the page level. If there are specific add-ons you do not wish users to access, place them in restricted pages. 

• Users would still be able to add the add-on to another page if they have editing permissions.
  • You can always check the Macro Usage page (https://yourconfluenceURL/admin/pluginusage.action)  and see if macros are being used in different spaces.

If there is a specific add-on you wish to 'lock down', I would recommend reaching out to the specific add-on vendor and request an enhancement. 

- Jonathan

Mukka Vishnupriya March 21, 2019

Thanks Jonathan,

Yes, Even though I place them in different page, they can use that macro on another page by inserting the add-on. I was running around "Database Connector" plugin which has some additional feature through which we can restrict the profile  access to some of the groups.

"Database Connector" from Keysight Technologies has a feature to hide the Database Profile.

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2019

In a word, no. Unless a particular add-on allows this type of function, you cannot restrict add-ons to a group. One that does is the older Source Editor, which allowed restrictions to access to be limited to groups if desired.

User macros do have a setting to make them visible to admins only.

Mukka Vishnupriya March 21, 2019

Thanks Bill,

I was analyzing about  "Database Connector" and came to know that it has some extra features to configure and can restrict the access.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2019

Yes, exactly. It is based on the add-on's functionality. If that add-on allows it, you are in luck. But it is rare to find that functionality.

There is no way to restrict the access to add-ons via Confluence global/space/page settings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events