Can't get Confluence running

Randall Pinkston March 3, 2013

Hi, I'm trying to get a fresh install of Confluence running on our own box (an AWS EC2 installation). I've already got JIRA running, but I've run into an immediate roadblock with COnfluence, and I don't really know what's going on. Confluence.out makes it seem like an isues with JDBC.

Here's the Catalina.out - if there's more anyone needs, let me know.:

SEVERE: The web application registered the JDBC driver org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Mar 04, 2013 5:39:18 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc

SEVERE: The web application registered the JDBC driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Mar 04, 2013 5:39:18 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc

SEVERE: The web application registered the JDBC driver org.postgresql.Driver but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Mar 04, 2013 5:39:18 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

SEVERE: The web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type java.lang.ThreadLocal (value java.lang.ThreadLocal@3bc0a42c ) and a value of type org.dom4j.DocumentFactory (value org.dom4j.DocumentFactory@645a6359 ) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

Mar 04, 2013 5:39:18 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

Hello There,

In a first approach I would suggest you to try to take a look at your 'atlassian-confluence.log' to see if you find some stack-trace as mentioned in the following article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/%27java.sql.SQLException+Connections+Could+not+be+Acquired+from+the+Underlying+Database!%27+Error+During+Startup

I'm mentioning this to you because we already saw some cases that the same error stack-trace that you posted in your comment appeared in the logs and it was a problem with the connection with the database, so would be a good idea to check your 'atlassian-confluence.log' and the article above, and see if your situation is the same, this is a common error with the database connection that can cause this kind of behaviour that you're experiencing.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

LJ.

Randall Pinkston March 3, 2013

Yeah, that's pretty much what fixed it. The AWS EC2 permissions had to be updated to the new IP:port, and once that was done I was able to connect.

Marcus Janietz January 26, 2016

Thanks, atlassian.log pointed me to a missing binlog_format = row in my.cnf.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events