Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I use an older version of the Atlassian Companion App after a newer version has been released?

Our organization needs to test/certify each version of the Atlassian Companion App prior to installation on our machine. This comes with a price so I was wondering if a new version is released after we have the previous version tested/certified, can we continue to use/install the older version? 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex K Atlassian Team Dec 20, 2021

Hi @Jennie Rensink ,

The integration between Confluence and Companion will remain backwards compatible for the foreseeable future. Therefore, the outdated Companion version will continue working for a short time while testing. However, it is strongly recommended that all users are on the latest version of Companion to ensure that the latest patches for bugs are applied. 

Regards,
Alex K (Developer at Atlassian)

Thanks, Alex! I just found the Office Connector work around option so I think we're going to pursue that path. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

39,580 views 28 127
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you