Can I make a section "non-scrolling"?

Ruth Haworth May 29, 2015

I have some long documents with tables of contents. I created a two-section layout with a narrow left section for the table of contents and a wider main section for the content. I would like the left-section to be non-scrolling so it doesn't move when the reader moves down the main section.

2 answers

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2015

You can make an element fixed and non-scrolling with this CSS:

NAME_OF_THAT_ELEMENT {
position: fixed;
top: 0px;
left: 0px;
}

But you will have to rework your whole layout and use something else where left and right are separate elements and can be addressed individually (instead of the section macro where left and right columns are probably just different <td> within a <table>).

0 votes
Gabor Nagy [Midori]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2015

That sounds possible using CSS. Can you post the source code you have so far so that we can tell you how to fix it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events